Re: Help getting Plip connection working

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 01:30:25PM -0400, fbrian@nac.net wrote:
> I am running kernel 2.4.18 on both boxxes.
> Both running debian 3.0
> Unable to get plip to work???

Perhaps
    http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0202.3/0113.html
will help you.

I ran into that problem too. Another symptom was that tcpdump's of the
network interfaces would only should *outgoing* traffic. They could
talk, but not listen. Kernel 2.4.17 was OK in that respect.

The patch worked for me - but none of the patched machines use their
parport for anything else, so I cannot vouch for how a printer would
react.

IIRC it should be fixed in 2.4.19.

HTH
--