Fixing IP, gateway, etc.

Hi, I have a Woody installation with direct internet
access through another linux box and KDE.  Interestingly, though
the ISP uses linux, they do not support linux.

Though it's neither here nor there, I guess the setup is:

my ETH0 -> Eth1 Gateway computer -> serial connection ->
land-sat-dish / land-sat-dish -> serial connection ->
Linux server network -> direct line connection

Anyhow, they just changed their IP, gateway, proxy, DNS, FTP, and router
addresses.
That's easy to fix up with my Macs; my wife did it, but I could've done
so as easily.
However, I don't remember what to do to adjust my linux box.

I tried Linuxconf, no good.  I tried adjusting etc/hosts, and
etc/network, no good.

Anyone know what I have to do to adjust the setup?  The orginal Woody
installation
was nicely automatic, but I'd be more than happy to learn the internals
if there was
only a good set of instructions.

   - Mike

p.s.  In case you don't just hit reply, please note the followup-to-
address,

dscpubl@silute.omnitel.net