help compiling everybuddy-0.4.3 on Woody

Hello.

I'm having a bit of trouble building this package, and I was wondering
if anyone on the list has built it for Woody.  It barfs during make
like this:
	proxy.c:34: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
	make[1]: *** [proxy.o] Error 1

There is a complaint while running configure, but the complaint makes
not a lot of sense.  It can't find gtk-config and glib-config, but the
correct packages are installed.  It suggests setting the GTK_CONFIG and
GLIB_CONFIG environment variables, which has no effect.  I've tried to
hack the Makefile so that it points to the correct directory for the
headers it wants, but think I broke something there in the process.
(It expects to find them in /usr/local/inlcude, while Debian puts them
in /usr/include.)

Any helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Pfleger
pfleger@pfleger-precision.com
(250) 479-0321