Re: Logical Volume Manager

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 08:20:36PM +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I "think" because I have ext3 as a root partition and am using the debian
> kernel which has that as a module, debian's installation of the kernel has
> created an initrd image which it loads on boot and uses to load the ext3
> module.

I don't know jack about LVM, but from reading other posts and docs it
seems that having the root partition on a filesystem that is loaded as a
module is generally a bad idea. Why don't you compile the ext3 module
into the kernel? If your root partition is ext3 compiling the driver as
a module makes little sense as it is going to used all the time.

-Andy