Re: OT: how to make kmail open links in mozilla

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 09:56, Jason Pepas wrote:
> > To be honest, I didn't know the answer at first sight, but a look at the
> > code did it: you have to change the _global_ Browser in KControl (or
> > Konqueror itself), section "File Associations". I think it was under File
> > Manager until KDE 3.0. There, go to text/html, press Add, choose Mozilla
> > and move it to the top of the list. You can do this with any mime type you
> > want (although I can't understand, why one would want that ;).
>
> you can't understand why one would wish to use mozilla instead of konqueror?

Didn't we just have this same thread over Galeon? If I'm not running
KDE, I'm not going to start up one application - particularly Konqueror,
which *I* find takes longer to start (because of all of the KDE specific
libraries that must be loaded) than Mozilla.

But people have different tastes of applications - some prefer the
design considerations of Mozilla, others of Galeon, still some of
Konqueror. There are those that turn to Lynx as a rule, unless they need
the graphics. Others turn to Chimera. There are those that run Netscape,
for consistency across platforms and the concept of an established name.
There are those that turn to Opera, and even a few that like the
convenience of Internet Explorer when they are banished to Windows.

People have their tastes of what they would like to use - if they find
they work better, or at least more comfortably, with their choice, why
should they be faulted for that?
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org