Re: Recently installed packages

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 02:01:59AM -0500, Stuart Johnston wrote:
> I recently installed several packages along with their dependencies. I
> have since decided that I didn't really want those packages after all
> but I can't remember the names of all the installed dependencies.
>
> Is there any way to get a list of packages installed within a certain
> time frame (perhaps an apt log)?

The list had a discussion on this back around 7 Aug 2002. After the
discussion I started running a script after each upgrade to track package
installations:

#!/bin/bash
#
# Base on script written by Larry Holish, ljholish@speakeasy.net
# and posted to debian-users list 7 Aug 2002
#
#
# Script that writes current list of packages installed
# from /var/lib/dpkg/available to pkgs.current.
# Keeps a history of changes between package versions
# in history.txt.

LISTDIR=/home/dad/debian
cd $LISTDIR

if [ -f 'install_history.txt.gz' ]; then
        gunzip install_history.txt.gz
fi

if [ -f 'pkgs.current' ]; then
        mv pkgs.current pkgs.last
fi

COLUMNS=155 dpkg -l | grep "^i" | cut -b 5- > pkgs.current

diff -C 0 pkgs.last pkgs.current >> install_history.txt

gzip install_history.txt
rm -f pkgs.last

# EOF

--