From: Alvin Oga [mailto:aoga@Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 4:55 PM
To: Michael Olds
Cc: Oliver Fuchs; debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: Setting up Sendmail

hi ya

to receive email
	cd /etc/mail
	ln -s local-host-names sendmail.cw
		- be sure your domain is listed in the file
	make
	sendmail - stop/start

for popping email stuff...
	- make sure you can "telnet localhost 110"
	- than you should use secure pop3 instead of port 110
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/secure_pop3.txt

sendmail howto
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/sendmail.gwif.html

c ya
alvin

/etc/mail/access
	#
	# list of domains/ip# this mschine will be relaying emails
	#
	foo.com
	#
	# tou local lan
	192.168.0.0
	#
	#

/etc/sendmail.cw  and/or /etc/mail/sendmail.cw
	#
	# list of domains tyhis machine will be receiving emails
	#
	foo.com
	www.foo.com
	#

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Michael Olds wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> First, thanks to all who responded with suggestions. I'm still working on
> Sendmail. I have it working half way following Oliver's suggestions ...I
can
> send, but I am not receiving anything, either locally or over the
Internet.