Re: Ide-scsi when booting from floppy

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:59:18 -0700 Cam Ellison <cam@ellisonet.ca> wrote:

> I checked out DDO, and the requisite software (it's a Maxtor 40G
> drive) is a Windows application -- no indication that there is any
> other way to install it.  I do not have Windows installed, and I'm not
> about to empty my 40G drive to install it.  How did you do it?
>
> (I assume that the DDO software re-writes appropriate portions of the
> BIOS.)

Last time I used it, it created a floppy that was then used to rewrite the
MBR of the hard drive with the DDO software.  It doesn't update the BIOS,
instead it sits between the BIOS and the OS and acts as a translator.  I'd
be happy to extract the image to floppy and create a dd dump of the floppy
for you.

--
Jamin W. Collins