Ide-scsi when booting from floppy

I have two systems, both with BIOSes that cannot read the large hard
drives that are on them (the smaller ones that can be read have died
or are dying, or are too small to get a system onto).  One of the
BIOSes may be flashable, but the other is unsupported.

I also have a cdburner, but when I boot from a floppy, there seems no
way to define the appropriate drive as ide-scsi.   Booting from a
bzdisk flopy is mandatory, since the BIOSes hang unless they are told
there are no hard drives.  Thus a grub floppy won't work -- it needs
an identified hard drive to work with.

Does anyone have a way of booting from a floppy that will allow
specifying /dev/hdc (for example) as ide-scsi?  Before I start messing
further with moving my system around (putting part of it on one small
HD will take care of the problem), I need to back it up.

TIA

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.