Re: Woody IPv6 problem finally, really, solved

Frans Pop wrote:

Congratulations and thanks!
This solves my thread "EXIM - DNS problem" as well.

I hadn't seen that thread (am not on the list, only read the archive on debian.org), but it is interesting, because you have a nameserver and IPv6 enabled, both of which I don't have. And still basically the same problem.

I just added the extra lines for my hosts, and bingo, my nameserver
> doesn't get bothered by unqualified names anymore!

Great!

Are you going to file a bug on this?

There doesn't seem to be much point in this. When I asked about this on debian-ipv6 (the developers list) no less an authority than Wichert Akkerman said that it was "a feature", not a bug.

I assume he meant it ironically, so the problem is already known in "higher circles". And if not, it's useless to file a bug ;-)

Regards, Jan