Re: compare filesystem types ???

hi ya

sometimes oracle uses its own format ( raw disks )

- for a collection of various fs ( ext, ext3, afs, gfs, coda, ... )
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/FileSystem/
	 ( see the bottom section )

c ya
alvin

if you have lots of itty-bitty files like in /etc
	than use 1K blocks if the ave is 1K files or less

if you have large files 1MB... use larger block sized
and config/verify that the dma sizes and disk transfer is
writing/ reading 1MB blocks  and page sizes and other variables
etc..etc.. and more headaches if its raid'ed
	- major tuning hassles

best way to test the best options is to run some diagnostics
on real data ... in real life operating conditions
	- takes time to check out the variables