Last night's dist-upgrade broke Gnome-AA session :-(

Last night I did apt-get dist-upgrade. I rememebr some font packages being
upgraded, and being asked if I wanted defoma to manage them. I chose yes.

My defaul X session has been Gome-AA for a while. After this upgrade, all I
get if I try to login this way is a brief black screen, and the gdm login
prompt comes back.

Gnome (non AA) session works normally.

Sugestiosn as to how to fix this would be apreciated.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin