Konqueror slowness

Konqueror takes an extremely long time to load pages on my system
compared to mozilla/galeon. Has anyone had a similar problem?

I went to theregister in konq and then while it was loading, I lanched
galeon, loaded the site and came back and started typing this before
konqueror loaded the site (~17 seconds just for the main content area
showed up). Reload takes roughly the same amount of time.

I don't remember that having been the case in the past, and couldn't
find anyone else reporting this problem (everyone always talks about
konq being fast). Any thoughts on what I might have done to upset it?
I am using the 3.0.3 debs from the kde site.

-Mark