Re: workstations syslogging to server

D. J. Bolderman said:
ystem and disabling such programs manually.

> Thanks for sharing your config file Nate. One thing I don't understand
> is: is this the config file from your server or your workstations?
>
> Sorry, but I'm just a beginner with syslog-ng you know :)

hehe no prob :) that is a config file for the server. for the clients
all I do is:

cd /etc
mv syslog.conf syslog.conf.old

and create a new syslog.conf which has

*.*                             @your.syslog.server
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS MUST BE SEPERATED BY TABS OR IT WILL NOT WORK!

then restart your syslog services. you should see a messages.$HOST where
$HOST is the host of the system you just restarted which has a message
saying that syslog is reloading/restarting. if it's a debian system restart
the klogd system too. Some linux systems I think have both syslog and
klog in 1 script, debian has them in 2 different scripts.

nate