Re: Why a dependency on X stuff for an ldap server?

Mike Dresser said:

> too bad slapd depends on libiodbc2, or it'd be a simple fix.  I suspect
> compiling slapd source would take even more stuff I don't want installed
> on this server.

2 easy ways I can think of around this:

1) compile the app on another system, then install the debs by hand using
dpkg on your "server"
2) compile it on the "server", but before doing so take a snapshot of
the installed packages (dpkg --get-selections), and remove the packages
you installed that was required for building the debs afterwards(can't
think of a way to automate this but it's not hard to do manually)

nate