Re: first kernel belongs to package?

>>>>> "Anders" == Anders Lennartsson <anders.lennartsson@foi.se> writes:

Anders> I mean when a fresh install of Debian is made on a, say
Anders> previously empty, box, there seem to be no package that owns
Anders> the first kernel,

This is correct, and it's been a pet peeve of mine for a long time.

You could file a wishlist bug against the boot-floppies package.

Anders> I've normally compiled my own kernel-packages, perhaps the
Anders> standard kernel packages remove it when they are installed?

The standard kernel packages will replace the installation kernel if
you use the same "flavor" as the one you used for the installation (I
think).

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iggyland.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>