Re: Mutt install problem on server

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, nate wrote:

> > I'm trying to install Mutt on my server (running unstable), so I can read
> > my mail via ssh. When I do apt-get install Mutt, it ends with the
> > following error:
> >
> > 'trying to overwrite /usr/share/man/man5/mbox.5.gz, which is also in
> > package qmail.
>
> usually that is not a fatal error, does the installation abort due
> to that?? I have seen such messages and it never caused any trouble.
> Since it's just a manpage I wouldn't be concerned unless theres a
> specific reason you want the mbox manpage from the qmail package,
> they are probably similar(maybe identical)
>
> but if it causes the package to fail to install that would be curious
> to say the least

Well, yes, it's failing to install :) Kind of weird, that's what I
thought... But since I'm running Qmail on this system, and I receive
lots of mail with it, I just wanted to be sure it's wise to use to
--force-yes option with apt-get before i ruin everything.

So I can go ahead and just force it to install ?

Thanks,
Dick