Re: installing debian linux as a vm guest

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Morey" <GMorey2@ci.tucson.az.us>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 9:50 AM
Subject: installing debian linux as a vm guest

> Can I avoid the CD creation route for installing the debian linux?  I
would just as soon get the linux kernal, ramdisk file system and a robust
file system and create my linux guests using those files thereby forgoing
the CD create intermediate step that appears to be required. I do not
require any install aids.

If you're using VMware, you can configure the cdrom for a vm to read from an
ISO image on the host machine (at least that's how it works with a Windows
host). Go to Settings -> Configuration Editor, then select the cdrom drive
and choos the 'Use ISO image' button on the right side of window. Select ISO
image file on host filesystem, and if it's a bootable image you're off and
running with no cd burner and no network install tricks!

Cheers,

Dave