Question about dpkg architecture

Hi there, here is a Debian newbie.

I installed woody on my Pentium II several weeks ago.  But I found every package I
created by 'apt-get source -b <package name>' is architecture i386 (*.i386.deb).
The command 'dpkg --print-install-architecture' returns i386 too.  From the
manpage of dpkg, I think it is because the gcc installed on my box is i386
architectured.

But I do want my own created deb is something like '.i686.deb' and my gcc can
optimize the code for my PentiumII CPU.  I have run 'apt-get source -b gcc-2.95'
but found it was still compiling a gcc of i386 :(.  It seems that the gcc-2.95
source package doesn't use the 'config.guess' which comes with the original gcc
source, does it?  I mannully runned './config.guess' and it returns the
'i686-intel-linux-gnu'; this should be the correct architecture.  Is this a bug?

I spend my whole last night on this problem but had nothing resolved (//shame).
Could anyone give me some advice or tell me which mailing-list I should ask help
from or which package I should report this bug to?

Thanks in advance.  Best wishes to you all:)