Re: jpilot / m100 sync problem

-- Nicos Gollan <gtdev@spearhead.de> wrote
(on Tuesday, 24 September 2002, 04:22 PM +0200):
> On Monday 23 September 2002 16:26, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> > -- Nicos Gollan <gtdev@spearhead.de> wrote
> > (on Monday, 23 September 2002, 04:09 PM +0200):
> > > I recently installed jpilot/testing, only to discover that the sync
> > > process hangs on MemoDB. It just stops and after some time, the PDA
> > > tells me that the connection was lost. Replacing pilot-link/testing
> > > with pilot-link/unstable didn't change anything.
> >
> > I've got it working on my machine, currently. I've got pilot-link
> > 0.11.3 and jpilot 0.99.2. In addition, I've set the following in my
> > .bash_profile:
> >
> >     PILOTRATE=115200
> >     PALM_ADDRESS_DATABASE=$HOME/.jpilot/AddressDB.pdb
> >     export PILOTRATE PALM_ADDRESS_DATABASE
> >

> I tried that and other rate settings both in jpilot, as environment
> variable and on the PDA, but no success. Sync/backup still disconnects
> on MemoDB. It even shows this behaviour with a freshly reset PDA. Now
> comes the strange thing: pilot-xfer from the pilot-link package works
> just fine with default settings. I can backup and restore the handheld
> on the command line.
I'd try grabbing the latest pilot-link and jpilot sources
(www.pilot-link.org and jpilot.org/download/) and compiling them. You
can use the package checkinstall (apt-get install checkinstall) if you
want to make debian packages of the compiled sources (thus making
installation/removal easier). If you continue to have problems, join the
jpilot mailing list -- they're usually able to help people fairly
quickly.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney