Re: jpilot / m100 sync problem

-- Nicos Gollan <gtdev@spearhead.de> wrote
(on Monday, 23 September 2002, 04:09 PM +0200):
> I recently installed jpilot/testing, only to discover that the sync
> process hangs on MemoDB. It just stops and after some time, the PDA
> tells me that the connection was lost. Replacing pilot-link/testing
> with pilot-link/unstable didn't change anything.

I've got it working on my machine, currently. I've got pilot-link
0.11.3 and jpilot 0.99.2. In addition, I've set the following in my
.bash_profile:

    PILOTRATE=115200
    PALM_ADDRESS_DATABASE=$HOME/.jpilot/AddressDB.pdb
    export PILOTRATE PALM_ADDRESS_DATABASE

PILOTRATE sets the rate at which the palm syncs with the system. The
jpilot FAQ suggests that if you have problems you set it to a lower rate
(such as 9600 or 14400). (PALM_ADDRESS_DATABASE, along with lbdb,
allows me to use my Palm database as an address book for Mutt).

If you continue to have problems, you might try removing the pilot-link
and jpilot packages and installing from source to see if the problems
continue. You might also try joining the jpilot mailing list (see
jpilot.org for more info on that).

--Matthew