Re: Binary Security & md5sums

hi ya

it is very much worth the effort ( at least to me )

run the commands hourly to see if yu've been hacked in the last hour
	or every 5 minutes or ?? to suit your paranoia level

do the same for /sbin /etc and other binaries ( /usr/local/{bin,sbin} and
config you wanna protect

-- lot better than tripwire in my book...
	- no false alarms about hacked binaries/config files

-- i do a "ls -laR --full-time  *"  too and check it to know what files
	caused the mdsum to mis-compare

-- keep bin.tar.gz and bin.tar.listing.txt in the example on a safe
   read-only media like cdrom

c ya
alvin