Re: I don't understand USB Mouses in Debian

Richard Spillane wrote:
I tried using the dpkg-reconfigure xserver xfree86 command, and I thought it
would work, but even though I set my device to /dev/input/mouse it didn't
take.  I also installed hotplug, and that didn't seem to work.  I am really
lost, I would figure that if you had your mouse plugged in during
installation Debian would automatically take care of it.  I just installed a
stock Debian installation, and I never told it NOT to install USB drivers
for my mouse.  I don't know what to do.  Can anybody help me?

Rick

Thats strange. I have a MS Optical USB mouse with scrollwheel and it was recognized and set up just fine during installation. What mouse are you using?

Leo