Re: gcdmaster 1.1.6 When?

On 22 Sep 2002 22:56:56 -0500
DvB <imasu@earthlink.net> wrote:

>  The current version of gcdmaster in stable/testing/unstable has a bug
>
>  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2171&atid=102171&func=detail&aid=566948
>
>  that breaks copying cds with only one drive available. Does anyone
>  have any idea as to when version 1.1.6 will make it into Debian?

I suspect you might have to wait a while. There's actually a lively
license-related discussion about the program on cdwrite@other.debian.org
(subscription by way of the same page you used to get into this list).
The matter concerns a part of cdrdao which is under a license
incompatible with the GPL and, it appears, the DFSG. Since I haven't
poked around the source to find out if there's some "linking" issues
involved, I don't know if this would be enough to force its removal from
Debian or just banishment to non-free (if it isn't already).