Re: How do I get my USB mouse working?

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 04:15:09PM -0400, Richard Spillane wrote:
> I JUST installed Debian, but can't start X until I have a pointer device.
> In slackware it was easy, the install did it for me auto-"magically".  Now
> for some reason, Debian didn't, so I need to know how to get my USB mouse
> working!  Help!

I would try running dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 and when it asks about
your mouse, tell it /dev/input/mice for the device (rather than the
default, which is /dev/psaux).  This will also prompt you for a bunch more
info on your X configuration, and will overwrite any existing config (after
asking, of course), so use it with caution.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/