another openoffice program

I'm running sarge with a couple of unstable programs.
I upgraded OO last week remotely; an upgrade appeared
when I ran dselect, so I upgraded. Now, when I run OO,
the rulers are _extremely_ narrow, as are the tollbars
at the top. The buttons are still in the toolbars, but
no text. All menus are tiny and without text. I
apologize if this is a repeat of another question on
the list - I did a quick skim and didn't see something
similar. Any ideas?

Richard