Re: Alternatives To NFS?

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 03:06:21PM +0200, Burkhard Ritter wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Corrin Lakeland wrote:
>
> just another question. what about sfs? is it a nfs-alternative and what
> is the difference to afs?

sfs indeed can be used as an alternative to nfs.  It is (in my experimence)
rather easier to set up that coda (which I think may be comparable to
afs).  It is also much more closely related to nfs, in that it doesn't try
to do any offline availability or caching.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/