Re: samba-tng and openldap

Well it ended up being I was missing libpam0-dev once that package was installed it went fine.

nate wrote:

Quenten Griffith said:
I installed that package from the source I made of openldap per your
instructions.  I wish to thank you for your great how to on this and all
the work you put in to it.  Some reason I still get that error though.
This box had been upgraded to testing so I may wipe it and start it all
over again with Woody (the source where pulled from the Woody branch
though).

what does config.log say after configure fails for samba-tng? it's
possible that theres a bug in the more recent cvs, if you haven't already
try this verison:
http://howto.linuxpowered.net/ldap/sambatng-cvs.tar.bz2

which is the one I used to build the document, if it works then the
version you have has a bug most likely, if it doesn't then the problem
is elsewhere. I used the above sources to build on at least 3 different
debian 3.0 systems so I'm sure it works :)

also joining the samba-tng mailing list may help too(i'm also on that
list)

good luck!

nate