Re: They system wont Power down the mother board

J.S.Sahambi wrote:
I have a PIV on ASUS mother borad. When I shutdown the machine in windows, it power downs the mother board. But if I shutdown the system in Debian, the system does the usuall work, prints out:

Power down.

and then stays there only. I have to manually press the power switch to power down the whole system. I used the append=apm on" in the lilo.conf

Just checking to make sure it's not a simple syntax error. When I got APM working on my system, the lilo incantation I had to use was

    append="apm=on"

rather than

    append="apm on"

(note the extra "=" sign.)