Re: aliases or functions--which to use?

also sprach alex <radsky@ncia.net> [2002.09.23.0342 +0200]:
> In spite of the fact that these aliases work, I'm told by experts
> that I shouldn't use aliases but do the same job by using
> ' functions '.  I've tried this and it does work but I can't see any
> difference .

functions take a tiny bit longer actually, but otherwise are usually
only needed if you are working with parameters. your commands, win+
and win- will never take arguments, so you are probably better off
with aliases.

"nothing can cure the soul but the senses,
 just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul."
                                                        -- oscar wilde