Re: Open Office debs

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:

> Whtat's the url / or apt line for open office? Has anyone installed it?

Oh, I should think quite a few have installed it :)

I have the following in my sources.list for OO:

deb http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/openoffice/ testing main contrib

> Is it worth?

OO is about as bloated as the software it emulates, but if you need to
share files with users of Gates' products, then it's probably worth
it.  Updates seem a bit unreliable, though, breaking one thing or another
more often than not.

<OT_rant>
Whatever happened to the notion that all office applications would save
in SGML and any application could open any file regardless of which app
was used to create it?  Even Gates, although I didn't believe him, once
endorsed this vision - actually and typically, he _claimed_ this vision,
but that's another story.
</OT_rant>

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*