Re: Simple network problem

Robert Epprecht wrote:
> -SNIP- <
I still have a small annoyance:
After booting a box pops up (without telling me which program is
responsible for it) saying:

Choose your current network-environment !
<new> <set_up_new_environment>
<OK>  <Cancel>

Even if I choose <Cancel> things seem to work fine, though.

Grepping for 'Choose your current network-environment' leads
to /sbin/netenv

I don't know why this is called. I want to get rid of it, how?

Robert

This is just a guess since I don't have a laptop here, but maybe this is a "feature" to allow you to set up a different network connection? Say you are quite mobile and need to connect from several different company internet sites, this would allow you to create the proper connection "on-the-fly". I don't have /sbin/netenv on my computer, and it looks like this file is from the "netenv" package. The write-up on that package says it is a good deal for notebooks.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-