Re: PGP key signing parties

also sprach Leconte <laurent.leconte@enst.fr> [2002.09.21.1742 +0200]:
> *are these parties as formal as they're supposed to be (for
> instance, are the two forms of picture IDs essential, or is there
> some leeway ?)

they are not that formal, in fact usually pretty personal and lax.
i always require and official picture ID issued by the government if
i know that government and its IDs. if i don't, then i might ask for
another or even a third.

> * what are the topics of conversation (I suppose cryptograhy and
> security issues are big, but are there others ?)

i find myself often explaining GPG, the web of trust, and public key
cryptography as people rarely know the details and they aren't all
that complicated. i've gone as far as to explain DSA, ElGamal, RSA and
Diffie-Hellman. but usually it's just geek-talk, Debian related in
most cases.

> * what are the requirements for the maintainers ?

http://nm.debian.org

lus wallace (pulp fiction)