What's wrong with tasksel?

When I run tasksel (this is on testing/unstable) as root, I get this:

juan:~# tasksel
No tasks found on this system.
Did you update your available file?

If I do a 'tasksel -a', I get the menu, I select what needs to get
selected, but it just says that it doesn't have anything to do:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.

I just ran 'apt-get dist-upgrade' after reading someone else's post the
other day, but that didn't seem to help this particular issue.

I'm new to Debian so I'm not familiar to which file tasksel is
referring.  Can anyone pass any info my way?

Thanks in advance,

Bill