Re: Mailman doesn't send mails, qrunner locked

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 07:13:09AM -0700, Maria Garcia Suarez wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I have Debian Woody with postfix. Some days ago I
> installed Mailman 2.0.11 but I couldn't make it work.
> It doesn't send a single mail but keeps them at
> /mailman/qfiles with locks at /mailman/locks.

There is a bug in the mailman package as distributed with Woody

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=154021&repeatmerged=yes

Maybe this accounts for the problem you are seeing.

I'm not clear as to why your lockfiles is in /mailman/locks.  On my
system the lockfiles can be found through this symlink:

 18:21:02 $ ls -ld /var/lib/mailman/locks
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     list           18 Aug 31 14:05
/var/lib/mailman/locks -> ../../lock/mailman

which points to this directory:

 18:21:09 $ ls -ld /var/lock/mailman
drwxrwsr-x    2 root     list         4096 Sep 21 18:21
/var/lock/mailman

I had to make sure that the list group owned this directory, and that
it was chmod g+rwsx.  One or the other of these is messed up in the
original package, and needed to be changed in order for mail to go
out through mailman.

--Joe