Re: nfs-root booting works for 2.2.* client, but not 2.4.19

To point out the obvious...

are you sure you flipped the kernel-autoconfig bit in networking and

the allow nfsroot  bit (somewhere else I forget, probably network
file systems)

have the right NIC driver builtin to the boot kernel

I presume you're getting a can't find init message or a panic about
the root device.

One issue I had with 2.4 kernels is that I sometimes made them too
big.  I'm not sure too big for what as the one that works is bigger
than 640k and the ones that failed fit on the floppy with syslinux and
config stuff...

-Jon