Re: email clients

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 12:03:04PM +0930, Tom Cook happened to mention:
> On  0, Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> wrote:
> > Proably old...  but I've decided that I am getting really tired of
> > the Mozilla email.  It's OK, but it takes a while for it to load
> > up and seems a bit heavy at times.
> >
> > I am wondering two things:
> > First, any recommendations on a mail client?
>
> Pine is clunky and not free enough to go into Debian.  Use mutt.  It
> is a very useful text based client.

I don't know if I would go that far.  Pine is great for text-based
client.  I use mutt, but for years I used Pine and really had a good
time with it.  My progression from Eudora (win) to Pine (lin) to mutt
(lin) was smooth and somehow comfortable.  If I had gone from Eudora
to mutt, my brain might have popped with all the options.  My
recommendation would be to go get the linux binary from the Pine
website, unzip it, stick it in /usr/local/bin, rename it to simply
"pine" and you are set.  Makes updates easy too, as you can then just
delete the binary, download the new one and repeat the process.  All
your settings stay the same.

May not be the "Debian Way", but it is pretty easy to use, and does
most likely 90% of what you want (folders, GPG with an addon, etc).

--
Jeff Maxson
jbmaxson@surfglobal.net