Re: dselect fails to install mozilla-browser after upgrade to woody

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 08:28:09PM -0400, Jerome Acks Jr wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 06:17:22PM -0400, Levi Waldron wrote:
> > + db_go
> > + echo 'GO '
> > + local 'IFS=
> > '
> > + local _LINE
> > + read -r _LINE
> > + RET=question skipped
> > + return 30
> > dpkg: error processing mozilla-browser (--configure):
> >  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 128
> > Errors were encountered while processing:
> >  mozilla-browser
>
> I think your debconf database is broke in someway. Running the script
> "/usr/share/debconf/fix_db.pl" may help.

I think an unhandled db_go -> 30 might be a bug in the package,
actually, not the debconf. The cases that (used to?) require fix_db.pl
are normally db_input returning 10 and saying that a template is missing
when it really is there.

That said, I have no idea why db_go is returning 30 when the backup
capability wasn't set.

A bug report against mozilla-browser may be in order. Include the output
from an attempted installation with DEBCONF_DEBUG=developer set in the
environment.