Re: /etc/aliases

Adam Galant wrote:
On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Tom Allison wrote:

I have a file: /etc/aliases that has me a bit confused as to it's care and maintenance.

The head of the file says it was generated by exim, which I thought I purged and replaced with postfix. I made some changes to the file...

I am not getting errors that the aliases file is newer than the aliases.db How do I manage these files? I'm familiar with the postmap $file method of creating a hash file. But this isn't a hash file...

Can someone point me towards some kind of fix to this problem?
A man page to recommend?

Hi.

'newaliases' will build hash file for aliases (if /etc/aliases is
correctly pointed by alias_maps in main.cf).

Regards,

Adam

Thank you.

--
A mouse is an elephant built by the Japanese.