Re: exim right choice?

    "Benedict" == Benedict Verheyen <linux4bene@pandora.be> writes:

    Benedict> [...trimmed description of 2 ISP accounts....]

    Benedict> Is a combo of kmail / exim able to do this without to
    Benedict> much trouble?

It sounds to me that you really need exim for outbound email (with a
smarthost set up to your ISP and /etc/email-addresses used to rewrite
outgoing addresses, standard Debian setup), and fetchmail to retrieve
incoming mail from your ISP.

This works very well. I personally do almost exactly the same thing. I
use exim, fetchmail and procmail. The last is to break up my mail to
keep the mailing lists manageable (and to read them like newsgroups
with Gnus ;-)

Cheers!
Shyamal