OT: Re: Need witnesses

Jeff Maxson wrote:

So for those of us who don't have OO or MSWord, what is the letter
about?  Why the exitement?

Nothing really. Try 'strings WordDoc.doc | less' which usually works for me when I want to read bits of a word document. If the whole point of this is to prove that someone else wrote, edited or viewed the document it won't prove much. The author could have opened the file, deleted all the contents and started to write the letter. The author might have done this to use the header which is an image. And the machine used might not be registered in the author's name. I frequently use other people's machines.

Tim.