Problems upgrading to testing dist...

	I'm trying to upgrade my system to the testing distro. But I made the
mistake of going to unstable first, and had all kinds of errors trying
to install, because libc6 wouldn't install. So I decided to go back to
the testing dist. Now I run into NEW problems, as I can't remove the
unstable versions, and it won't let me install any testing versions as a
result.

My question is, HOW do I reset everything and force it to re-install
from the testing dist???

This is what I get when I try to install from testing now...

$ sudo apt-get -f install perl-base
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  libdb1-compat: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13) but it is not going to be
installed
  perl-base: PreDepends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4) but it is not going to be
installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).
dingodave@dingo:~
$ sudo apt-get -f install libc6
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  libdb1-compat: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13) but 2.2.5-6 is to be
installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).

	OK, so this package won't install... And it's stopping me from
installing other packages (MANY!) So I try to remove libdb1-compat, and
get the following:

$ sudo apt-get -f remove libdb1-compat
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libdb1-compat
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 111kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
(Reading database ... 19 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing libdb1-compat ...
dpkg - warning: while removing libdb1-compat, directory `/usr/share/doc'
not empty so not removed.
dpkg - warning: while removing libdb1-compat, directory `/usr/share' not
empty so not removed.
dpkg - warning: while removing libdb1-compat, unable to remove directory
`/usr': Device or resource busy - directory may be a mount point ?
dpkg - warning: while removing libdb1-compat, directory `/lib' not empty
so not removed.
dpkg: error processing libdb1-compat (--remove):
 cannot remove `/.': Invalid argument
 libdb1-compat