X depth and truetype font sizes

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that when you change the color depth
of XFree86 ie. from 16 to 32 bpp that the truetype font
sizes in gnome and KDE apps change?  Is there any way to
fix this !! When I edit graphics I generally am in 32bpp and
the rest of the time in 16bpp as it is faster on my aging
hardware.  I know I could create different users for
different color depths but what a pain to create multiple
configurations for all my apps.

By the way the msttcorefonts package that was added
to testing today(yesterday) is broken -- beware -- .
After a apt-get upgrade I lost those fonts and had to
add symlinks manually to get them back.

Roy Pluschke
<rjplus@sunshine.net>