Re: unstable, just how unstable is it

--- Corrin Lakeland <lakeland@cs.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:56, Charles Baker wrote:
> > I'm seeing some packages in unstable that I would
> > really like, for instance tomcat 4.1.9. But I'm
> > wondering just how unstable is unstable, say on a
> > scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being you must be insane.
>
> Generally very stable, say 2.
>
> HOWEVER
>
> There are some major changes happening in unstable
> at the moment (Python
> 2.2/3, Perl 5.8, glibc, gcc 3.2).  These mean
> unstable is likely to break in
> the near future, and when unstable breaks it
> _really_ breaks.
>
> Have a look at pinning, and see just how much of
> unstable you'd pull down with
> apt-get install -t unstable tomcat

{{SNIP}}

Okay I asked this question a few weeks ago and got the
above warning about Python, Perl and glibc. Can anyone
tell me if these issues been resoloved yet? I see few
Python bugs, lots of Perl bugs and only a few glibc
bugs. What's the scoop?

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
http://www.charleshbaker.com/~chb/