Re: Need witnesses

Josh McKinney wrote:

> Ok I see the names and organization you speak of. So what does this
> mean? Is this some sort of thing that MS word is putting in the .doc
> that it isn't supposed to?

Not so much that it isn't supposed to, but that people don't always
realize it does. MS Word files have a number of data fields that are
visible in the file properties dialog, but people often don't look
there. Word also has a tendency to populate those fields with default
values such as the name and organization that is the registered owner of
that copy of Word. I think this is what Bruce is interested in -- the
idea is that this Jack MacCrisken either isn't quite who he says he is,
or that the letter may have been written for him by others who prefer
not to take credit for it.

Craig