Re: XFree86 Memory usage

El lun, 16-09-2002 a las 08:25, Leo Spalteholz escribió:
> nate wrote:
> > Leo Spalteholz said:
> >

> >>Or does XFree86 have a major memory leak somewhere?  I am running
> >>testing with no 3rd party packages installed.
> >

> > what driver are you using, and what do you do during this time?
>
> I'm using the nv driver for a Geforce 2MX 400 w/ 64MB.  I usually
> dont have many programs running..  Even with just eDonkey2000,
> GnomeICU and amsn running and me away from the computer it eats
> memory.

I have this nvidia, currently after 5 hours my X-windows eats 289MB of
512MB (and 128MB of swap totally free), I have used gnome 2 with
evolution, mldonkey, and galeon.

It also happens with gnome 1.4

After I read  your mails I thought it was extrange, but I thought that I
isn't a bug.

Now I think it's a bug, do you think upgrading to Xfree 4.2 would solve
the problem?

I have also tryed the nvidia propietary drivers.

Thanks.
--
The chains are broken and the door is open wide
Our eyes adjusting to the light that was denied

	http://www.es.debian.org/intro/about.es.html