Re: XFree86 Memory usage

nate wrote:
Leo Spalteholz said:

Or does XFree86 have a major memory leak somewhere?  I am running
testing with no 3rd party packages installed.

what driver are you using, and what do you do during this time?

I'm using the nv driver for a Geforce 2MX 400 w/ 64MB. I usually dont have many programs running.. Even with just eDonkey2000, GnomeICU and amsn running and me away from the computer it eats memory.

what your experiencing seems to be very abnormal, I would think it
is the result of a buggy app..or maybe your just doing so much
stuff....but thats still unusual for such a short period of time!

I suspect it might be that KDE is changing wallpapers every 30 min. I'm going to turn this off and check.

leo