Video files display problem

Good afternoon all :)

Rooting is ok now ... thanx to everyone for help :)

I come accross a new problem.....When i want to play avi, mpeg files(with xine or aviplay) the sound is ok, the size of the display window is ok but the display window keep to be black...

I use a customized 2.4.18 kernel with a radeon 8500 gc my x resolution is 1128*780 and the color settings is 24 bits....

Maybe some things to compile with the kernel ? (video for linux for exemple ?)

thanx for help :)

Pierre
pierre.dupuis@wanadoo.fr