local repository, again :(

Hello, there.  New guy here.

I really hate to dig up a dead horse, as I've been looking at the archives
of the debian-user list and going over the threads on apt-move over the
last several months or so, but I'm still hitting a brick wall.

What I have:

So far one old laptop, running Debian 3.0 as a test platform, on my home
LAN.  Connectivity across the LAN is Fast Ethernet, but from the gateway
out to the Net is 56k dialup (more or less unlimited time, though).  I
have six binary CDs for Debian 3.0, and I have everything installed, plus
I set up /etc/apt/sources.list so that anything I need from non-free,
contrib, non-US, etc can be d/l'd as needed, plus security updates.

What I want:

Some way to turn those 6 cds into a local repository so that I don't have
to sit here playing human jukebox.  This is an old laptop w/ a busted
screen, so most access is via ssh.  I'd love to stick it in an out of the
way corner and never have to touch it.

I keep reading about apt-move, and I can see how it works for taking a
local d/l /var/cach/apt/ whatever and turning it into a source for the
sources.list to be pointed at.  I don't see (maybe I'm blind) how todo
this w/ the six CDs I have.  Someone smack me w/ a clue-by-four if it is
blatantly obvious, but I'm not getting it.  I can always make iso images
from the CDs, and mount them via loopback, and point sources.list at
those, but it seems a wee bit of an ugly solution, plus I'd like to
be able to trim certain parts that I *don't* want to mirror locally, like
non-US language stuff, etc.

If someone can help me thru this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

nuk

--
"It is the American vice, the democratic disease which expresses its
tyranny by reducing everything unique to the level of the herd."

Henry Miller, American author, 1947