Re: Newbie needs help from Kernel-Guru

> On Sunday 15 September 2002 07:55 pm, Stephen Gran wrote:
>> This one time, at band camp, Russell said:

>> > Make sure you include the CramFS in .config if you're
>> > using --initrd. You can get into your system by booting
>> > from the debian rescue disk that you can download.
>>
>> Russell's solution is probably the correct one, but other things to
>> check are whether you have the right processor picked (I have, oddly
>> enough, seen this message then) and that you have support for IDE hard
>> drives compiled into the kernel.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Steve
>
> Greetings:
>
> This is another post that I think addresses it.  Couldn't find it on
> Google  or debian archive search... huh. . .
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200204/msg03900.html
>
> tatah

Thanks!!

I ended up adding the Cramfs (as Russell mentioned) but had no luck
I changed the settings below (from the earlier post to debian-user)

Main menu:  ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL support  --->
Then:  IDE, ATA and ATAPI Block devices  --->
<*>   Include IDE/ATA-2 DISK support

I had them set as modules <m> and changed them to <*>
Not sure why they can't be modules?

Brian